Todd is a skilled litigator that defends companies in environmental litigation and related administrative and regulatory matters. His clients value his thoughtful problem solving approach to complex environmental matters and his environmental consulting background.
Todd represents a variety multinational manufacturers, energy companies, utilities, and municipalities in environmental litigation and compliance matters. Todd also has counseled and represented individuals and businesses in a wide range of business litigation matters, including class action litigation, securities litigation, and corporate and commercial disputes.
Prior to practicing law, Todd worked as an environmental consultant focusing on site assessment, site remediation, and environmental compliance. He has experience with many federal and state environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act (CWA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and their state counter parts.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Council for Children’s Rights, volunteer attorney
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program, volunteer attorney in landlord/ tenant and legal services for the elderly matters
- Participant in the Lunch with a Lawyer and Reading Buddy programs of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Section Council Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Section
- Co-Chair, Planner, and Presenter, 2012 NCBA Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Section Annual Meeting
- Graduate, 2014 North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defense of property damage and personal injury claims against a multinational corporation stemming from heavy metal contamination associated with a former mining site.
- Defense of property damage and personal injury claims against an international electronics manufacturer related to chlorinated groundwater contamination in a residential neighborhood
- Representation of a major utility in environmental enforcement and litigation, including citizen suits related to the storage and disposal of coal combustion residuals, including coal ash.
- Defense of an international electronics manufacturer in a class action concerning alleged diminution in property values due to TCE and other chlorinated solvents in groundwater.
- Regularly represents a Fortune 10 company in defense of product liability actions.