Todd qualified into the transport team in September 2017, having completed a training contract with the firm.
Todd has experience in supporting and advising various clients working in the transport sector, with a particular focus on the rail, bus and aviation sectors. Todd is particularly experienced in advising on rolling stock procurement and leasing, modification and maintenance contracts, rail franchise bids, transfer schemes, and on other more general commercial and operational matters.
During his time at the firm, Todd has undertook a client secondment which provided valuable insight into what matters most to businesses.
Examples of experience include:
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the COVID-19 related emergency measures side agreements and subsequent emergency recovery measures agreement
- Tees Valley Combined Authority in relation to a scheduled airline services agreement at Teesside International Airport
- Southeastern Railway in relation to direct award extensions to its franchise agreement and the consequential amendments to its various rolling stock leases and maintenance contracts
- Transdev in relation to its provision of passenger and staff bus operations and other services at Heathrow Airport
- Southeastern Railway on the sub-leasing of the Class 707 vehicles to South Western Trains, as well as the maintenance agreements for the rolling stock
- Transdev on its successful bid to operate and maintain the Dublin LUAS tram network and the subsequent mobilisation thereof
- Govia Thameslink Railway on amendments to the rolling stock leasing arrangements in relation to the fitment of the European Train Control System to Class 387 rolling stock
- Stadler Rail in relation to the manufacture, supply and maintenance of 71 new rolling stock units for the Wales & Borders franchise
- Southeastern Railway on the depot facility owner transfer of the Ashford Light Maintenance Depot from Hitachi to Southeastern
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the novation of rolling stock and depot agreements in connection with the wider carve-out of Siemens' mobility business
- Abellio Greater Anglia on the procurement of the UK's largest privately funded investment (over £1bn) in new rolling stock for the East Anglia rail franchise
- Southeastern Railway in relation to various rolling stock modification and maintenance contracts
- London Midland on the modification of its Class 350/2 fleet to operate at 110mph (including franchise agreement amendments and the modification contract)
- Abellio ScotRail on its HST enhancement modifications.