When clients have employment litigation disputes, they call on Theresa not only for her legal insight, but for her ability to listen and understand each client’s needs. Whether the matter involves age, race, sex, or disability discrimination and retaliation matters, Theresa is known to her clients for her insightful analysis and ability to represent them effectively and efficiently in federal and state courts, in arbitration and before government agencies. Her depth of experience has led her to handle a broad array of these matters, as well as litigation of restrictive covenants, issues involving departing employees and contract disputes.
Theresa’s wide-ranging litigation experience positions her to provide business-minded advice on complex employment decisions and allows her to offer creative suggestions for resolving employment disputes prior to litigation. In addition, Theresa routinely provides strategic employment advice regarding corporate transactions, including analysis of agreements, due diligence and preparation of executive agreements.
Theresa is a member of the Firm’s Technology Sector, and has worked across the spectrum of manufacturing, private investment funds, FinTech, healthcare, life sciences and retail clients, ranging in size from local businesses to national corporations.
New North Carolina Disability Act Ruling, Southeast Tech Wire, Nov. 7, 2006
The Best Lawyers in America
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Trial counsel defending international manufacturing company against claims of gender discrimination.
- Defended international technology company in claims of gender harassment and discrimination.
- Represents national retailer in claims of age, sex and disability discrimination.
- Represented international technology client in successful resolution of non-competition and trade secret claims.
- Provides employment counsel and preparation of executive agreements in transactions related to software, healthcare, manufacturing and other industries.