Sammy is a member of the corporate team with experience in a range of corporate work.
She trained with the firm and moved into the corporate department on qualification where she has worked on a wide range of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and group reorganisations.
Sammy acts for companies across a number of sectors, with a particular focus on Energy and Natural Resources. Sammy has also spent time on secondment to Nexen Petroleum UK Limited where she advised on a range of procurement, commercial and oil and gas industry agreements and policies.
Examples of experience include advising:
- RWE Npower on its £218m sale of Gas Plus Supply Limited and Electricity Plus Supply Limited to Telecom Plus plc
- Vitol SA and affiliates on acquisitions, investments and corporate joint ventures in oil and gas related projects in Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire
- Noble Energy, Inc on the reorganisation of its UK subsidiaries and disposal of UKCS interests
- Piper Private Equity on investments in retail and restaurant groups including Orlebar Brown, Hickory's Smokehouse, Forthglade Foods, Propercorn, Barking Heads and Flat Iron steak restaurants
- Willis Group on disposals of its Scottish SME unit to Clark Thomson Insurance Brokers and its Businesscare business to Allianz Business Services.