Paul is a partner in the corporate team and advises on a wide range of corporate and finance transactions, with a focus on asset leasing, infrastructure projects and structured finance.
He has a particular expertise in the transport sector, specialising in heavy and light rail franchises and concessions and related mobilisations, rolling stock financing and procurement, modification/maintenance agreements, and rail infrastructure projects.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Abellio East Anglia on the procurement of over £1bn new rolling stock
- Govia Thameslink on the mobilisation arrangements for rolling stock re-leasing, modifications and upgrades contracts for the TSGN rail franchise
- Abellio ScotRail on the procurement of new rolling stock from Hitachi, and on the mobilisation of existing rolling stock for the ScotRail franchise
- London Midland on the procurement and introduction into service of new rolling stock
- Southern Railways and Southeastern Railway on the funding and construction of upgrades to light maintenance depots.
"He has the ability, with his work and life experience, to be on all sides of the table in these complex negotiations. He is a very helpful source of information."
"Paul has a very practical approach and is perfectly pragmatic."
"He is brilliant - he has the ability to take complicated legal matters and put them into plain English."
"... and Paul Coleman are excellent in terms of their knowledge and ability to understand all of the complexities concerning franchise and the contractual documents."
"Paul Coleman is a leader in rolling stock and depot agreements. He is commercial, knowledgeable, with a razor-sharp brain, and keeps things simple."