Oliver qualified in September 2017, having trained with the firm, and having spent most of this time in the Corporate team.
Oliver has experience of a range of corporate matters, including private company mergers, acquisitions and disposals, public company fundraising, listings, group re-organisations and private equity investments. He has also experience of assisting with a variety of commercial and corporate matters, including partnership arrangements and joint venture agreements.
Examples of his experience include assisting with:
- Various fundraisings for Atom Bank plc, a new challenger bank, including its £135m fundraising in 2016, which won the Deal of the Year £10m+ award at the North East's Insider Media Dealmakers Awards 2016
- Vertu Motors plc's £35million placing in 2016, as well as on its acquisition of Sigma Holdings Limited in March 2016
- The recommended £66.7m takeover of OpSec Security plc, an anti-counterfeiting specialist, by Orca Bidco Limited
- The de-merger of an insecticides business, the assets of which included a well-known brand of mosquito-repellent
- The sale of Rook Matthews Sayer Estate Agents, to Connells
- North East Growth Fund's first investment in Shampoo Heads and its investment in The Original Sofa Company
- The £57.3million acquisition of Kew Bridge Court Guernsey Limited by GRIP, the market-led UK residential property fund owned by Grainger plc and APG
- The sale of Cumbrian-based GenII Engineering & Technology Training Limited to the City and Guilds of London Institute for an initial c.£8million
- The sale of Simonstone Hall Hotel and arranging for the transfer and assignment of various shooting rights
- The sale of Stublick Estates Limited, the assets of which included a large grouse moor
- The set-up of a start-up company with the purpose of designing and building a social media lifestyle app
- Advising the Cutting Edge Music Group on various joint ventures
- Advising on the IPO of Venator Materials plc on the New York Stock Exchange.