Nikul (Nik) is an experienced corporate attorney who represents clients in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters with a focus on the technology sector. He guides large and mid-sized domestic and international public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, financings and other corporate transactions. His M&A practice is diverse and includes deals of up to $1 billion. In addition, Nik represents companies in corporate governance and general business matters. He has represented and counseled technology based start-up clients from incorporation to Series Seed Investments.
As part of his practice, Nik works with clients in numerous industries including technology, software, healthcare, hospitality, financial services, manufacturing and life sciences.
Nik serves as a trusted advisor to his clients and also serves on the Firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
In his free time, Nik enjoys playing golf, watching the North Carolina Tar Heels, and writing short stories for children.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a private equity firm, and its wholly-owned subsidiary, a family of technology and software companies, in connection with the acquisition of multiple FinTech software companies as part of a roll-up strategy.
- Represented a software company in connection with the acquisition of:
- the assets of a company in the business of providing consumer behavioral intelligence, data analytics, and related consulting services.
- the equity of a company in the business of developing, marketing, licensing and servicing retail loss prevention software solutions through the use of video-based computer vision, artificial intelligence, and human validation and its subsidiary in India.
- Represented the world's largest commercial company specializing in the design and production of thermal imaging cameras, components and imaging sensors in the acquisition of a software and technology company specializing in the development of small unmanned aircraft systems.
- Represented a veterinary hospital company in the sale of all of its stock for over $1.5 billion dollars.
- Counseled a private investor in the acquisition of a food distributor for $4 million dollars.
- Represented a transportation logistics company in the acquisition of a $70 million dollar credit facility.
- Advised an electrical equipment manufacturer in the sale of power generators and mobile capacitor banks to various electrical companies throughout the United States.
- Represented a private company in the equity injection of $1 million from a private investor.