Nick is a skilled bankruptcy and business litigation attorney with a broad range of experiences representing large international companies as well as small closely-held enterprises.
Nick frequently represents debtors, prospective purchasers, individual secured and unsecured creditors, and official committees of unsecured creditors in complex commercial bankruptcy cases. His practice includes counseling clients in bankruptcy-related litigation and advising clients through sophisticated transactions. Nick also advises clients on alternatives to bankruptcy, such as consensual restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors proceedings, and voluntary and contested dissolution proceedings in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
In addition, Nick has an active litigation practice and appears in state and federal courts throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to assist clients in various types of cases. Nick’s commercial litigation experience includes matters involving breach of contract, restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets, and he regularly helps clients with arduous task of responding to third-party subpoenas.
Nick also assists clients in patent litigation in the pharmaceutical sectors, including litigating ANDA cases, and frequently serves as Delaware counsel in patents disputes pending before the District of Delaware.
Nick dedicates substantial time to pro bono causes and serves on the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Member of team defending a large Delaware chemical manufacturing company from various state law claims, including breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets. The lawsuit involved one of the company’s flagship products and the case was successfully litigated up until the client reached a favorable settlement of all claims.
- Member of team which successfully moved to dismiss a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case which the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware had found to be filed in bad faith.
- Regularly represents well-known international banking and financial services firm in objecting to and responding to various third-party subpoenas.
- Member of team which represented Scout Media, Inc. (and its affiliates) in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Frequently counsels Delaware LLCs and corporations regarding corporate governance issues such as dissolutions, voting issues, books and records demands, and appraisal issues.