Nick has a diverse practice, and strives to help clients overcome some of their most challenging issues.
Nick frequently represents debtors, prospective purchasers, individual secured and unsecured creditors, and official committees of unsecured creditors in complex commercial bankruptcy cases. His practice includes counseling clients in bankruptcy-related litigation and advising clients through sophisticated transactions. Nick also advises clients on alternatives to bankruptcy, such as consensual restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors proceedings, and other insolvency proceeding under Delaware law. In the fall of 2017, Nick was one of eight attorneys selected for the inaugural Bankruptcy Trial Practice Seminar sponsored by Delaware Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. The seminar included various mock courtroom hearings before the judges of the Delaware Bankruptcy Court, as well as lectures and discussions led by the Delaware bankruptcy judges and other nationally recognized bankruptcy practitioners.
In addition, Nick has an active litigation practice and frequently appears in state and federal courts throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to assist clients in various types of cases.
Nick’s commercial litigation experience includes matters involving breach of contract, requests for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions. restrictive covenants, and the misappropriation of trade secrets. He also regularly helps clients with arduous discovery process, including but not limited helping non-parties respond to third-party subpoenas.
Nick also assists clients in patent litigation in the pharmaceutical sectors, including litigating ANDA cases, and frequently serves as Delaware counsel in patents disputes pending before the District of Delaware.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Delaware Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Volunteer Attorney, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Volunteer Attorney, The Office of the Child Advocate of the State of Delaware
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Member of team that successfully prevented an international drug company from being subject to a preliminary injunction that would have prevented the launch of the client’s drug in the United States.
- Member of team defending a large Delaware chemical manufacturing company from various state law claims, including breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets. The lawsuit involved one of the company’s flagship products and the case was successfully litigated up until the client reached a favorable settlement of all claims.
- Member of team sought a preliminary injunction to stop a competitor from misappropriating trade secrets in order to poach employees where a favorable settlement was reached shortly before trial.
- Member of team which successfully moved to dismiss a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case which the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware had found to be filed in bad faith.
- Regularly represents well-known international banking and financial services firm in objecting to and responding to various third-party subpoenas.
- Regularly represents landlords, trade creditors, and other parties in interest in bankruptcy proceedings before the Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
- Member of team which represented Scout Media, Inc. (and its affiliates) in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Frequently counsels Delaware LLCs and corporations regarding corporate governance issues such as dissolutions, voting issues, books and records demands, and appraisal issues.