Michael specialises in a wide variety of private client work for individuals including Wills, Trusts, Tax and Estate Planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate and other related matters. Michael also has experience advising Trustees and Executors of their duties and responsibilities and making them aware of potential claims by beneficiaries.
Examples of experience include advising:
- High net worth individuals - drafting Wills including life interest trusts and discretionary trusts, explaining the Residential Nil Rate Band, discussing their succession planning, in particular considering inheritance tax, preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney, setting up Trusts. Considering foreign assets and need for foreign Wills.
- High net worth individuals – preparing transfer documents and advising on tax implications of gifting land, in particular inheritance and capital gains tax.
- Beneficiary – drafting a Deed of Variation and establishing a Discretionary Trust for Business Property having advised on the tax implications for income, capital gains and inheritance tax purposes in particular when the trust is settlor interested.
- Executors – applying for Grant of Probate and Estate Administration. Advising on Nil Rate Band and Residential Nil Rate Band and available reliefs of Business Property and Agricultural Property
- Trustees – preparing Deeds to advance assets to Life Tenant and wind up the Trust.
- Trustees – preparing Deeds appointing funds to Beneficiaries and appointing / retiring Trustees