Matar Diouf’s clients value his experience, reliability and precision in putting together and closing deals. As a trusted adviser to his clients, Matar is known for his detail-oriented and business-first approach. Matar’s core practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital finance, and general business and corporate law. He also provides operating companies and business owners with a wide range of outside general counsel services, including commercial contracting, and guidance on corporate governance, and regulatory and technology licensing matters.
Matar has firsthand experience managing bold projects that matter. He led the development of a United Nations funded, medium-scale solar energy systems project in West Africa, which continues to provide power to several villages. He galvanized local residents, formed a nonprofit organization to oversee the projects, and negotiated various agreements with local power companies and contractors. Matar utilizes the same deal-structure and leadership skills for his private equity fund, venture capital fund, and middlemarket company clients.
While rooted in Charlotte’s community and business sector, the corporate transactions Matar handles have national and international reach. His cross-border business transactions and cross-cultural negotiations experience adds a unique breadth of experience to his practice.
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
"COVID-19 and Material Adverse Effect in M&A Transactions", JD Supra, May 13, 2020
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Blue Point Capital Partners and Ortholite in the sale of Ortholite to Trilantic North America. Ortholite, based in Amherst, Massachusetts, is a global, vertically integrated company with sales offices in the United States, Asia and Europe, and manufacturing facilities in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Korea. ·
- Represented Blue Point Capital Partners in its acquisition of Fire & Life Safety America, a leading provider of fire and life safety system inspection, maintenance, repair and installation services.
- Represented London-based parent company in the sale of its energy industry publishing assets in a management buyout.
- Represented client in connection with the sale of a meat processing and distribution company.
- Represented client in connection with the sale of multiple iconic resort properties in a series of five related transactions.