Global brands trust Mason with their commercial and litigation needs. Leveraging his experience as a trial lawyer, he provides practical legal guidance to global technology, consumer product, and manufacturing clients on product liability litigation, commercial issues, regulatory challenges, and government investigations. Mason has significant experience defending consumer product companies in litigation across the country, including class actions. His work with Womble's Case Management Facility enables him to assist clients with firm and vendor management, litigation practice operations, and risk assessments.
Beyond his litigation practice, Mason frequently advises clients on the commercial, regulatory, and safety issues that precede litigation. Clients trust Mason to understand the regulatory framework, science, and technology behind their products.
Mason serves on the Board of the North Carolina Museum of Art and previously served as Board Chair of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Managed a portfolio of US and Canadian product liability litigation for a Fortune Global 200 multinational technology company, including supervision of other outside counsel
- Advises a London-based consumer products company on a variety of US, UK, and Canadian commercial and regulatory issues
- Defends a Fortune Global 500 consumer products company in numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases, focusing on complex medical and scientific defense strategies and expert witness preparation
- Defended a North Carolina-based agricultural operation following a major site explosion, including coordination of emergency response and OSHA inspection
- Represented an international food manufacturer in an OSHA inspection related to an employee fatality following COVID-19 exposure
- Defended a high-rise construction contractor against OSHA citations and civil claims resulting from numerous fatalities, resulting in settlement of OSHA citations and dismissal of all “willful” citations
- Advised a national bank on contractual and indemnification issues following a national customer data outage
- Defended a London-based general contractor against numerous tort claims following an alleged carbon monoxide poisoning incident
- Advised an international engineering firm on various contractual and indemnification issues in a Chilean arbitration
Civic and Professional Activities
- Leadership Raleigh Class 36, 2017-2018
- Steering Committee Member, CAM/now, CAM Raleigh (Contemporary Art Museum)
- North Carolina Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man of the Year Nominee, 2014
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Diversity and Young Lawyers Subcommittee, 2012-2013
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Triad Business Journal – 40 Leaders Under 40 (2023)
- Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (Thompson Reuters) (2023)