Mason is a trial lawyer who defends global clients in product liability, mass tort, OSHA and construction litigation matters. He works alongside his clients on the ground in the aftermath of catastrophic events, including those involving serious injuries or fatalities. Mason regularly defends manufacturing and construction clients against OSHA citations and civil claims resulting from workplace accidents and fatalities. Mason also has significant experience conducting internal investigations for large and medium-sized companies, including white collar criminal matters.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defending a general contractor based in the United Kingdom against numerous tort claims following an alleged carbon monoxide poisoning incident.
- Defending a high-rise construction subcontractor against OSHA citations and civil claims resulting from numerous fatalities.
- Regularly representing RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company in numerous individual wrongful death and personal injury actions in several jurisdictions, with a focus on preparing expert medical witnesses for deposition and trial.
- Advising an international engineering firm on various contractual and indemnification issues for an arbitration in Chile applying North Carolina law.
- Regularly representing one of the country’s largest propane gas distributors in a variety of litigation across the country, including cases resulting from explosions, fires and contractual disputes.
- Assisting one of the country’s largest furniture manufacturers on various OSHA issues, including facility inspections.
- Defending an international food manufacturer in a product-labeling class action.