Luke specialises in litigation and disputes resolution. His expertise includes advising in breach of contract and tort claims across a number of industries.
He regularly brings and defends claims in the County Court and High Court, including claims for injunctive relief, and has experience of a range of Alternative Dispute Resolutions procedures.
Luke has particular expertise in the energy sector, in the financial services sector, and of insolvency litigation.
- Bringing and defending numerous claims for "big six" energy suppliers in disputes covering all aspects of the industry
- Advising generation companies in disputes arising from the operation of onshore wind, CHP and CCGT power stations
- Advising retail banks in claims against their suppliers and other banks, including under complex intra-bank indemnities
- Acting for lenders in mortgage possession claims, with particular expertise in the agricultural sector
- Bringing claims for merchant acquirers, asset finance houses and other financial services providers
- Acting for both insolvency practitioners and former directors in cases concerning the payment of unlawful dividends
- Advising a national, formerly publically owned organisation in a multi-million pound subcontracting dispute.