Laura specialises in commercial property and agricultural property transactions.
She has significant experience acting for a cross section of landowning clients, including institutions, charities, private individuals, banks and developers.
Laura supports landowners with a variety of property issues. Her work ranges from drafting of leases for commercial premises to option agreements and the sale and purchase of commercial or agricultural property, including multi-let property. She has expertise in advising on tenancies, including agricultural land tenancies, both drafting new tenancies and terminating existing tenancies.
Laura has experience involving the development of agricultural land: acting for both landowners and developers, negotiating and drafting option agreements and conditional contracts and promotion agreements.
In addition, Laura has been involved in advising on renewable energy projects by drafting options, leases and easements for solar and wind projects. Her experience includes advice on protected agricultural tenancies and the surrender of land in conjunction with exercise of the option agreements.
Examples of experience include advising:
- On an option and lease in relation to a proposed 247 acre solar park which has now received planning permission and will be one of the largest, if not the largest, in England when implemented
- Sale of a large area of agricultural land in multiple parts over a 12-month period, ensuring rights were reserved to retain value
- On an option agreement for the sale of land for residential development and the purchase and development of an alternative site for relocation
- Sale of large freehold and leasehold title for a charitable company together with leasebacks to the company
- The National Trust on new lease agreements of land and offices and granting of easements
- Repeat instructions for a bank requiring particular agricultural expertise on new financing arrangements; including dealing with complicated titles, trust structures and tenancies (both commercial and agricultural).