Kimberly Sullivan has defended companies throughout her career in complex products liability, professional liability, and premises liability cases. Her clients span many areas from individuals to national and international companies. Her intuitive approach and ability to recognize the core goals of her clients make her well-suited to formulate winning strategies tailored to each client and case.
Kimberly has litigated catastrophic injury cases, asbestos personal injury claims, silica exposure claims, drug and chemical exposure claims, medical device claims, construction defect matters, and other product claims. Her professional liability practice includes the representation of hospitals and physicians in numerous medical malpractice actions. Her representation includes numerous jury trials, arbitrations and appeals. She has handled many appeals in state and federal courts throughout her career.
Kimberly also defends companies in employment matters, commercial cases, and other general litigation. Her practice also includes representation of community associations in a variety of lawsuits and disputes.
Presentations and Publications
- Cyber Exposure in the Insurance Industry, The CEU Institute, Charlotte, NC, February 2018
- Negotiating Inside Your Good Faith Range, The Gavel, The Art of Negotiating, Boca Raton, FL, June 2017
- 50 State Compendium on Employment Law, Primerus, co-author North Carolina Section, 2019 ed.
- North Carolina Bar Association, Insurance Law Section, Council Board Member, 2017-2019
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Executive Women of Lake Norman
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Litigation – Insurance, 2015 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defense of companies in asbestos, silica, and various product liability matters.
- Defense of physicians, hospitals and accountants in professional liability cases.
- Defense of corporate employers regarding employment suits, EEOC complaints, DOL investigations, and class actions.
- Defense of corporate clients in commercial and general litigation matters, including contract disputes, unfair trade practices, unfair debt collection, and community association law matters.
- Representation of insurance companies in complex insurance coverage disputes, with litigation of declaratory judgment actions, legal risk analysis and best practice recommendations.