Keith Munson began his career with the United States Army 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized) and served as an operational law officer throughout Desert Storm, where he earned the Meritorious Service and Kuwait Liberation Medals. As a military and federal prosecutor he honed his trial skills on cases including capital murder, rape, aggravated assault and theft. Keith approaches trial with passion, deliberateness, organization, and nimble strategic thinking.
In 30 years as a trial attorney, Keith has experience in complex litigation in product/mass tort defense, business litigation, class action litigation, intellectual property, and D&O liability/fraud. Product liability cases have included medical devices, pharmaceuticals, construction/advanced materials (including military and aviation), consumer appliances, and flammability issues. D&O cases have involved public and private corporations in telecommunications, power generation, high-yield debt instruments, insurance and finance.
Keith’s understanding of the corporate perspective is augmented by his own service on multiple boards and his membership in the National Association of Corporate Directors.
Keith also teaches a "Great Trials in History" course and has presented seminars on trial related subjects such as "Computer Assisted Demonstrative Evidence."
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lead trial counsel in obtaining defense judgment for Dublin based Fortunes Global 500 medical device and technology company in the first human bone allograft recall case to go to trial.
- Jurisdictional litigation counsel for Fortunes 500 commercial real estate services and investment firm doing business with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies around the world.
- Lead trial counsel in establishing Class III medical device federal preemption in South Carolina for subsidiary of Swiss Fortunes Global 500 company.
- Lead litigation counsel for UK Fortunes 500 pharmaceutical company in reversing federal court order denying dismissal and transfer to the English High Court in multimillion dollar drug production dispute.
- Lead trial/appellate counsel in obtaining and preserving defense verdict for Fortune 500 rail company against claim brought under 45 U.S.C. § 51, et. seq.
- Expert Consultant to the US Attorney’s Office to assist in investigation and preparation of white collar criminal prosecutions for securities fraud and related offenses related to the failed insurance company.