Jon acts primarily for property investor clients whose business is direct investment in UK real estate. Jon has experience in a broad range of real estate matters and has acted on disposals and acquisitions of high value assets covering all major asset classes, including industrial estates, shopping centres and office blocks. Jon advises on share sales and acquisitions for real estate SPVs, as well as asset sales and acquisitions. He is experienced in dealing with the asset management work arising for such properties throughout the whole investment cycle and manages a team to service such assets.
Jon also acts for corporate occupier clients, including advising on occupational leases and pre-let agreements for operational property.
- Leading on mid-high value acquisitions of multi-tenanted and vacant sites, including advising on heads of terms, managing and carrying out thorough due diligence, identifying risks and advising on mitigation strategies for risks identified
- Acting for a ports and infrastructure client on the acquisition of strategic land, being a mix of vacant land and tenanted industrial estates for in excess of £80m
- Advising on forward purchase of industrial land for development in Greater London
- Managing the asset management and disposal of assets following a c.£160m distressed asset portfolio acquisition
- Managing the full range of asset management work on busy shopping centres and industrial estates, including opportunistic asset management, head lease re-gear and preparing assets for sale, as well as general landlord and tenant work
- Leading on mid-high value disposals of multi-tenanted and vacant sites, including managing the disclosure process
- Advising in connection with the landlord and tenant aspects of a major refurbishment at a shopping centre in the north west, including tenant relocations and pre-lets with key incoming tenants.