Jill Rothstein is the firm’s Associate General Counsel. She provides advice and counsel to firm lawyers and leadership on Ethics, Risk Management and Professional Responsibility. Her areas of practice include loss prevention, information security, privacy, conflicts, compliance, contracts, insurance, and risk management. As previous General Counsel for a County Sheriff’s office, Jill provided daily advice and counsel to the Sheriff and Commanders on internal policies and procedures, and on issues of civil and criminal law.
Jill’s prior Employment includes Risk Management Director at South Carolina Bar.
Jill is also a South Carolina Certified Family Court Mediator.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- South Carolina Bar Professional Responsibility Committee, Chair, 2020-2022
- Haynsworth/Perry Inn of Court, Past President and Founding Member
- Fellow, National Institute for Teaching Ethics and Professionalism (NIFTEP)
- Frequent Presenter on Professionalism, Ethics and Risk Management at Regional and National CLEs
- Ethics Presenter, National Association of Legal Support Professionals’ National Conference, 2022
- SC Supreme Court Legal Ethics and Practice Program (LEAPP), Co-Creator
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Greenville Business Magazine's Legal Elite, Professional Liability, 2023