Jessica is an experienced and technically astute Construction Partner based in the London office of WBD. She is known in London and the South for her expertise in high value and technically challenging construction and engineering related contentious matters. Jessica defends and brings claims in the Technology and Construction Court in addition to advising clients in relation to arbitrations, adjudications, all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and insurance related issues.
Jessica's clients include household name retailers, utility provides including water, oil and gas, large contractors and developers, house builders and social housing providers, Universities and educational establishments, defence contractors, banks and insolvency practitioners.
Jessica is an elected member of the UK board and the firm's lead for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). She is responsible for the strategy and direction for DEI at the firm both internally and client-facing. She is also a member of the Ethical Thinking Group and supports our DEI networks.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A major international contractor – advising in relation to defects and delay in relation to a claim in the Technology and Construction Court. Claim settled favourably at mediation
- Large national contractor – advising in relation to various adjudications and Technology and Construction Court claims
- Cladding claims – advising developers and Employers in relation to claims arising out of the Grenfell tragedy and ACM cladding
- Claims against the NHBC – representing various contractors and developers in relation to coverage claims against the NHBC
- House Builders and residential development – advising various household name developers in relation to various construction related issues
- Retail – advising on various construction related matters in respect of new store roll-our programme
- Utilities – advising in relation to an Arbitration concerning a water treatment plan in a dispute concerning a complex framework and target cost contract.
- Engineering – advising a sub-contractor in relation to an Arbitration concerning a ethane processing plant.
"Jess Tresham is an excellent leader of a team, a top lawyer and huge driver of a team offering inspiration and responsibility rather than remote delegation."
"Jessica Tresham is held in high regard for her representation of major clients in adjudications and arbitrations concerning defect and final account claims. She is particularly adept at assisting with issues arising out of developments in the utilities and social housing sectors, among others."
"Jessica Tresham is client-focused and personable."
"She is a real force to be reckoned with in construction disputes. She has huge experience in this specialist area and works tirelessly to get the best outcome for her clients."
"She is a very talented lawyer and brilliantly commercial."