Jess's clients rely on her chemical knowledge and her experience with patent prosecution to protect their innovations in the United States and abroad. Jess’s Ph.D. degree in chemistry is reflective of her ability to readily understand clients’ chemistry-related technologies, and through years of practicing before the US Patent and Trademark Office, she has become skilled at developing strategies to best protect such technologies. She is passionate about translating her clients’ chemical technologies into intellectual property to advance science and further her clients’ businesses objectives.
Jess recognizes the importance of a strong intellectual property portfolio and works with her clients to ensure they are well positioned in today’s business world. Jess offers guidance to clients with innovations in the fields of pharmaceuticals, material science, polymer processing, pollution control, agriculture, tobacco processing, smart glass, and medical devices. She provides the full range of services to build and protect her clients’ patent portfolios, including preparation and filing of domestic and international patent applications and prosecution of patent applications to obtain strong patents. She offers strategic guidance, renders patentability, freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and noninfringement opinions, and counsels on a variety of patent-related issues.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Secured numerous patents across the globe for the world’s leading supplier of environmental and process catalysts.
- Developed patent strategies for two important patent families in the United States and abroad for one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies.
- Drafted and prosecuted many patent applications worldwide and has provided general counseling for one of the largest tobacco companies in the United States.
- Regularly prosecutes patent applications and renders opinions for a company that was recently recognized in its industry as developing the most innovative product of 2017.
- Assisted an agricultural startup accelerator in evaluating the patent portfolio strength of potential investment opportunities, leading to the launch of the accelerator’s first startup business.