Jeff is a global lawyer with strong ties close to home.
Globally, he is the chair of the North Carolina British-American Business Council, leader of Womble Bond Dickinson-US’s Global Business Group, board member of Womble Bond Dickinson Limited, and a strategic legal adviser to multinational companies.
Locally, he is a leader in the Charlotte community, with roles ranging from managing partner of Womble Bond Dickinson-US’s Charlotte office to Board Chair-Elect of Blumenthal Performing Arts. In 2015, Jeff received the coveted Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award, honoring North Carolinians who have given extraordinary service to the state throughout their careers.
Jeff represents corporate clients, private equity groups and venture capital funds in the US and abroad on cross-border private equity and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing, joint ventures and securities matters. He has represented clients across many industry sectors, including technology, manufacturing, retail and consumer, and health care.
His former experience as general counsel and board member of a privately held consumer products company provides him an inside view of businesses’ legal and operational needs, equipping him to help clients make better-informed decisions.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Blue Point Capital Partners and Ortholite in the sale of Ortholite to Trilantic North America and management. Ortholite, based in Amherst, Massachusetts, is a global, vertically integrated company with sales offices in the US, Asia and Europe and manufacturing facilities in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Korea.
- Represented Blue Point Capital Partners in its acquisition of Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA), a leading provider of fire and life safety system inspection, maintenance, repair and installation services.
- Represented Smith Cooper International in its acquisition of Fire Protection Products, Inc. Smith-Cooper International (SCI), headquartered in Commerce, California, is a value-added designer, producer, importer and distributor of branded valves, fittings and pipe under the SCI and Sharpe brands.
- Represented a founder of TrueLearn in his acquisition of majority control of TrueLearn. Also represented the founder in connection with the private equity financing of the transaction by Kian Capital. TrueLearn is a SaaS-based educational company that provides test preparation software for high-stakes standardized exams in various fields of medicines.
- Represent Beardow Adams (Adhesives) Limited in the establishment of its US manufacturing facility. Beardow Adams is a leading manufacturer of hot-melt adhesives based in Milton Keynes, England.