Jeff is a business litigation attorney who counsels companies when they face their most difficult moments. He brings more than a decade of experience in persuading decision-makers to every client, whether it is a corporation fighting a billion-dollar, ‘bet the company’ suit or an individual accused of wrongdoing.
Jeff is a former broadcast journalist and public relations professional with substantial experience in crisis management. He relies on this experience to make sure his clients win in the court of law and the court of public opinion.
His business litigation practice includes representing companies in employment, False Claims Act, fraud, breach of contract, and media disputes. Jeff’s clients include companies in a wide range of sectors, such as government contractors, tech companies, manufacturer, and construction industry clients.
In the white-collar arena, Jeff guides companies in federal and state criminal and grand jury proceedings, as well as in government and internal investigations.
Before entering private practice, Jeff was a law clerk to the Hon. Jane R. Roth of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and to the Hon. Beryl A. Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Honors and Awards
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings) in the field of Commercial Litigation, 2021
Pulling the Trigger: Evaluating Criminal Gun Laws in a Post-Heller World, 49 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 1599 (2012)
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended international bank in multiple billion dollar litigations
- Represented national insurance group in a multimillion-dollar employment suit
- Conducted False Claims Act investigation for a multi-billion dollar defense contractor, resulting in government declining to open investigation
- Counseled international client regarding unique concerns related to an initial public offering
- Represented tech company founders in cutting-edge copyright dispute