Jeff is a trusted advisor to businesses, especially during their most challenging moments. He has a wealth of experience in all aspects of complex dispute, particularly those involving the unique issues affecting post-merger and post-acquisition matters. Jeff’s business litigation practice focuses on these disputes, as well as construction matters involving highly regulated projects.
When handling a post-acquisition dispute, Jeff’s assistance begins during a deal, where he counsels clients on protecting themselves and their assets. Post-closing, Jeff helps clients preserve and exercise the rights they bargained for, running the gamut from holdbacks to indemnities to insurance proceeds. Jeff’s business acumen and pragmatism guide clients through sensitive and difficult disputes allowing them to focus on running their business with minimal delay.
In construction, he represents companies from the moment a construction project appears to be headed for a dispute, to successful resolution after the last punch list item is complete. His construction industry clients include Fortune 500 corporations and small-to-midsize entities for whom a failed project could mean a failed company. Jeff’s aggressive litigation tactics and single-minded focus make him an advantageous ally for his clients.
Jeff is a former broadcast journalist and public relations professional with substantial experience in crisis management. He leverages this knowledge to ensure his clients win in the court of law and public opinion.
Before entering private practice, Jeff was a law clerk to the Honorable Jane R. Roth of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and to the Honorable Beryl A. Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented purchaser of 49% member interest in government security contractor in dispute involving breach of partnership agreement, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties suit.
- Represented seller of medical device distribution company in post-acquisition breach of contract and fraud suit.
- Represented nationwide non-profit in contract breach and employment litigation.
- Represented government contractor in multiple construction litigation matters involving DOD-facility and potential for $150+ million in exposure.
- Represented major multi-jurisdictional government agency in disputes arising from multi-billion-dollar construction project.
- Defended international quick-serve restaurant franchise in dozens of construction litigation matters in multiple jurisdictions.
- Resolved bet-the-company litigation matter on behalf of cutting edge biomedical equipment manufacturer.
- Defended restauranteur in multi-million dollar partnership dispute.
- Represented private-equity backed payment processing company in multiple post-closing suits involving claims for indemnity and holdback claims.
- Represented sellers of government contractor in post-acquisition litigation regarding indemnity holdbacks.
- Represented buyers of major logistics company in obtaining insurance settlement based on sellers’ false representations and warranties at closing.
- Defended government contractor in breach of fiduciary duties litigation following contractor’s successful win of follow-on government contract from incumbent.
- Defended international bank in multiple billion dollar litigations.
- Represented national insurance group in a multimillion-dollar employment suit.
- Conducted False Claims Act investigation for a multi-billion dollar defense contractor, resulting in government declining to open investigation.
- Counseled international client regarding unique concerns related to one-of-a-kind initial public offering.
- Represented tech company founders in cutting-edge copyright dispute.
- Author, “A GC's Guide To Litigation, Inspired By Sun Tzu's 'Art Of War'” Law360, February 21, 2023
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings) in the field of Commercial Litigation, 2021, 2022