Jake Moore is an innovative intellectual property lawyer who has intersecting passions for both patent law and biotechnology. He focuses on holistic protection of IP and ensuring that discrete IP rights meaningfully contribute to the big-picture business objectives of his clients. With substantial experience in all phases of the IP lifecycle—including prosecution, appeals, inter partes review, licensing, and litigation—Jake is committed to protecting his clients’ interests with an eye toward monetizing and defending challenges against, their IP.
Jake is a dynamic and creative thinker, who has developed a reputation for achieving stellar results even in the most difficult cases. As a result, Jake is a go-to attorney in some of big pharma’s most important projects. At the same time, Jake routinely helps smaller (e.g., start-up) companies obtain the sort of foundational IP protection highly valued by outside investors. Jake’s enthusiasm for IP and commitment to excellence enables his clients—both large and small—to confidently protect their IP while simultaneously enjoying the protection process itself.
- Jacob D. Moore & T.R. Yan, IPR: How to Gain a Tactical Advantage, WORLD INTELL. PROP. L. REV. (Mar. 9, 2016)
- Jacob D. Moore, The Forgotten Victim in the Human Gene Patenting Debate: Pharmaceutical Companies, 63 FL. L. Rev. 1277 (2011).
- Richard C. Page, Jacob D. Moore, et al., Backbone Structure of a Small Helical Integral Membrane Protein: A Unique Structural Characterization, 18 PROTEIN SCI. 134 (2009).
- Alla Korepanova, Jacob D. Moore, et al., Expression of Membrane Proteins from Mycobacterium tuberculosis in E. coli as Fusions with Maltose Binding Protein, 53 PROT. EXPR. & PURIF. 24 (2007).
- Ashwini Chauhan, Jacob D. Moore, at al., Interference of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Cell Division by Rv2719c, a Cell Wall Hydrolase, 62 MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY 132 (2006).
- Richard C. Page, Jacob D. Moore, et al., Comprehensive Evaluation of Solution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Sample Preparation for Helical Integral Membrane Proteins, 7 J. STRUCTURAL & FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS 51 (2006).
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Prepared and implemented global patent prosecution strategies for application portfolios prosecuted in more than forty jurisdictions.
- Successfully defended Inter Partes Reviews filed against a family of pharmaceutical patents covering a $1B product with parallel Hatch-Waxman litigation.
- Drafted pharmaceutical licensing agreement with royalty payments and more than $20M milestone payments.
- Conducted IP evaluation for $185M corporate acquisition.
- Obtained successful decisions following oral hearings at the Patent Trial & Appeal Board.
- Conducted hundreds of examiner interviews.