Ivan specialises in the defence of claims against a wide variety of professionals, in particular, solicitors and surveyors in respect of claims by financial institutions. He has also undertaken the defence of many claims against solicitors by corporate and individual claimants in the field of conveyancing, landlord and tenant, probate and failed litigation. Ivan also acts for the UK's largest property services group in relation to claims arising from its surveying and estate agency arms.
In addition to claims against surveyors and solicitors, Ivan also has relevant experience of defending claims against financial advisers, insurance brokers and construction professionals.
- A large firm of Central London surveyors in relation to a claim arising out of the valuation of a multi-million pound residential property situated in the Crown Estate, Surrey
- A large national firm of chartered surveyors in relation to a claim arising from the financing of a portfolio of 38 buy to let loans in the Lincolnshire area
- A large national firm of chartered surveyors in relation to a claim arising out of development finance involving blocks of residential property in West London
- A firm of solicitors in the North East in relation to claims arising out of an investment scheme involving buy to let property, and
- A firm of financial advisors in relation to allegations of negligent advice relating to the transfer of pension funds.