Clients come to Greg because he makes their challenges his challenges, and uses his unique background and training to find creative and practical solutions. Greg has over 20 years’ experience acting as a trusted legal advisor in transactional matters, primarily to privately-held businesses. Prior to his legal career, he spent eleven years as an engineer developing tactical weapons systems for the US Armed Forces.
These attributes have repeatedly placed him on the list of “Best Lawyers in America” in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, and commercial transactions. Greg was also named a Best Lawyers Regional Lawyer of the Year in both 2017 and 2019 for commercial transactions.
Greg is regarded as a “go-to” transaction partner for clients in HealthCare related mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and medical device transactions; structuring, negotiating, and documenting entity joint ventures, hospital acquisitions and integration, and large physician practice transactions.
In the Manufacturing and Technology sectors, Greg works with clients in strengthening supply chain networks, expanding channels of distribution, negotiating supply agreements, and dealing with supply disruption and product disputes. For any companies where supply chain management is a critical component of their profitability, he advises on commercial and contract management, buying/selling of goods and services, and consistent application of terms and conditions.
For decades, Greg has immersed himself in the entrepreneur community and ecosystem, assisting emerging companies with formation, raising capital, structuring debt/equity investments, and providing general business counsel.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Past Chair and ex-officio member: Committee on Entrepreneurism of the Greensboro Partnership
- Graduate of Leadership Greensboro
- Board of Directors of the Greensboro Partnership
- Board of Directors of Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship
- Board of Advisors of the Doherty Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership of Elon University
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings) in Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2012 – Present
- Received the Best Lawyers™ Commercial Transactions "Lawyer of the Year" award in Greensboro, North Carolina, 2017, 2019
- “Complying with the Evolving and Conflicting COVID-19 State Closure Landscape; CISA Updates List of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers”, National Law Review, April 2020
- "Shelter In Place Orders: Are You an 'Essential Business'?", National Law Review, March 2020
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represents major healthcare companies in hospital acquisitions, ambulatory surgical center acquisitions, physician practice mergers, and physician joint ventures to exploit medical devices and technology (lithotripsy, radiation therapy, diagnostic imaging), and was co-lead in structuring the largest physician-owned Medicaid managed care insurance company in North Carolina history.
- Structures and negotiates supply chain arrangements in domestic and foreign markets, including product purchase and sale agreements, distribution and sales representative agreements, and product joint developments.
- Counsels entrepreneurs and emerging companies in formation, corporate structure and governance, capital raising, and supply chain.