Francesca is an associate in our Regulatory & Environment team. She advises clients on a range of regulatory and compliance issues. This includes enforcement advice, from initial investigation to prosecution, operational advice on issues such as the management of critical incidents, policies and procedures and dealing with complaints, and compliance advice on issues including asbestos management, dealing with contractors and fire safety. Francesca also has experience of negotiating directly with regulators on behalf of clients, representing clients participating in Coroners’ inquests as interested persons and advising on disability discrimination claims.
Francesca actively engages with a number of industry bodies. For example, she will be speaking at a number of networking seminars which we are hosting across our offices this year on behalf of the industry body NASHiCS, and last year she spoke at two of the Great British Care Shows.
In addition, Francesca is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers’ Association, as well as the UK Environmental Law Association and is involved with the firm’s corporate social responsibility programme as a member of the Newcastle office’s charity committee
- Advice in relation to an inquest and subsequent prosecution following the death of an employee at work, including advice on negotiating with the Health and Safety Executive, the preparation of a mitigation statement and dealing with media interest
- Providing comprehensive regulatory advice to a care home operator on issues including enforcement proceedings issued by the Care Quality Commission, a food safety prosecution, Coroners’ inquests and safeguarding investigations
- Advising a manufacturer in relation to product safety liability issues, regulatory requirements for water fittings and the language requirements for technical documentation
- Advising a defence contractor in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation relevant to the manufacture of a new vessel
- Advising a school in relation to disability discrimination claims brought by the parent of a student following the student’s exclusion.