Eric is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on computer networking, computer software, internet technologies, security, microprocessor architecture, digital video, digital imaging, and chemical systems. He provides a range of patent related services including patent prosecution, patent re-examination, validity and infringement analysis, patent litigation support, intellectual property due diligence review, and IP licensing. Eric believes in learning and understanding your business, so as to better advise his clients.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Eric had over 11 years of experience in the high technology industry as a scientist, software developer, and in management. Eric worked as a scientist and software developer creating complex computational chemistry software and later managed the software quality assurance process for several lines of computer networking products. In addition, Eric has been involved in the California wine industry for over 40 years with the family winery
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Prepared and filed multiple US and international patent applications for a leading networking company.
- Assisted in developing a defense strategy for multiple license requests directed at a network company.
- Assisted in due diligence for multiple portfolio acquisitions for a leading electronics manufacturer.
- Developed and prosecuted a patent portfolio for a storage startup company that was eventually purchased.