Beth Settle is a transactional lawyer who truly enjoys getting to know her clients. By understanding their businesses and personalities, she can deliver advice and close transactions in a manner to suit each client—usually with some humor thrown in along the way.
Beth has over 30 years of experience in real estate acquisitions and development, commercial leasing, entity formation, mergers and acquisition, and finance. She has been selected by The Best Lawyers in America for her work in Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law and Real Estate Law.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, South Carolina Bar
- Commissioner, South Carolina Supreme Court's Commission on CLE and Specialization
- American Bar Association - Real Property, Probate and Trust Section * Business Law Section
- Former Vice-Chair, South Carolina Bar Association - Real Estate Practices Section
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Christian Family Y Auxiliary Council
- Former Board Member, Children's Museum of Lowcountry
- Former Board Member, Junior League of Charleston
- Former Board Member, Ashley Hall Alumnae Association
- Former Board Member, Girl Scouts of the Carolina Lowcountry
Honors and Awards
- Received the Best Lawyers™ Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year” award in Charleston, South Carolina, 2019
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings) in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, 2007 – Present
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, AV rating
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented foreign company in the sale of its manufacturing facility near Charleston, South Carolina.
- Represented conservation organization in bargain sale transactions and wetland mitigation projects.
- Represented client in acquisition and subsequent leasing of warehouse facility.
- Represented commercial bank in numerous credit facilities.
- Represented real estate fund in the acquisition of a shopping center and subsequent leasing and licensing matters.
- Represented client in acquisition of brownfield site for redevelopment.