Elisabeth acts for a wide variety of individuals advising on a range of areas including wills, trusts, lasting powers of attorney, advance decisions, inheritance tax planning and related matters. As well as advising individuals, Elisabeth also provides advice and support to professional and corporate trustees.
Examples of experience include advising:
- a couple with assets of over £80m - drafting new Wills, advising on their overseas properties in light of the new European Union Succession Regulation and drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney
- a couple reaching retirement age with business assets – succession planning, drafting appropriate Wills, liaising with their Spanish lawyer regarding their Spanish Wills and drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney
- a widower – advising on the new Residence Nil Rate Band, discussing the reduction in inheritance tax for charitable donations and making other changes to his Will following his wife’s death
- a Life Tenant of a Trust – advising on options to pass benefits to her family, obtaining actuarial valuations of her life interest, negotiating the early termination of the Trust with the two charities entitled on her death and devising a tax-efficient way to distribute assets
- Trustees of two lifetime Trusts – ongoing management of two trusts including drafting appropriate Trustees’ Resolutions to pay school and university fees for the grandchildren of the Settlors
- on large landed estate probate work – assisting in corresponding with HMRC about available reliefs including Business Property and heritage property, liaising with accountants about the estate's accounts and drafting documents to deal with loans between executors and trustees.
"My wife and I would like to thank you for all your help, advice and patience over the last year or so. You have made a very difficult process so manageable and straight-forward"