David is a Managing Associate regularly advising on all aspects of corporate finance work including acquisitions and disposals, investment and shareholder agreements, group reorganisations and general company law.
David trained with the firm and moved into the corporate department on qualification and has now been with us for over 10 years. He has significant transactional experience working as part of both acquisition and disposal teams and acts for corporates across various sectors, with a particular focus on the Financial Institutions and Technology sectors.
David undertook a secondment to a large financial institution during the period of a disposal of a large business unit to a competitor. Further in 2016 David undertook a secondment to a FTSE 100 international manufacturer client assisting on transformative acquisition. Whilst on both secondments working with the in-house team David also undertook a variety of corporate and commercial work, in addition to gaining valuable insight into what matters most to businesses.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Quilter Plc (formerly Old Mutual Wealth) on an national acquisition programme of private client financial advisors
- the shareholders of Invenio Business Solutions Ltd in connection with the investment by BGF into Invenio together with the partial exit of certain shareholders
- the shareholders of Ticketscript in connection sale of Ticketscript to Eventbrite Inc
- the shareholders of voice of customer intelligence and software leader eDigitalResearch plc on its sale to the MARU Group
- Transdev plc on the acquisition of a transport business
- on the sale of a self-contained non-core business for a national retailer
- an international manufacturer on general corporate advice
- AIG on the reorganisation of companies within its group structure.