David Hamilton has a long career as a business litigator and as a strategic advisor to businesses and government and community enterprises. As a business litigator, David has quarterbacked and tried numerous antitrust and business competition cases for domestic and multinational companies in sectors such as Healthcare, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Financial and Advisory Services. David’s litigation clients often become business clients of the firm because they trust David and his judgment. David has been active in national and state politics, having served as general counsel to campaigns, having acted on campaign finance committees and having advised candidates (most successful!). David has served on for-profit and not-for-profit boards and has led successful capital campaigns. As an example, David currently serves via a gubernatorial appointment as a Trustee of the $49 billion Maryland State Retirement System and chairs its Securities Litigation Committee; this is the second time David has been appointed to this role.
David is a member of the global Womble Bond Dickinson Board and the US Firm’s Management Committee, and he serves as the Managing Partner and founder of the Baltimore office. David also is the US sector leader of the Wealth Management team.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represent publicly traded paperboard company in antitrust and patent litigation.
- Represented national health care system in defense of antitrust violations arising from contracting practices.
- Represented publicly traded international chemical company in defense of international cartel price fixing allegations.
- Represented five national academic medical center hospitals in defense of antitrust class action by medical residents.
- Represented tobacco-products manufacturer in five-week trial on patent issues involving curing tobacco.