Catherine litigates cases for businesses and health care providers, including physicians, hospitals, skilling nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities. Her practice includes advising clients on regulatory compliance and handling matters that involve Medicare fraud, wrongful death, personal injury, negligence, breach of contract, and breach of warranty. Catherine represents clients at all stages of litigation and she has significant trial and appellate experience.
Catherine has been recognized as a Rising Star by South Carolina Super Lawyers.
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the South Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representation of health care providers in qui tam / False Claims Act actions.
- Representation of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities in wrongful death litigation.
- Representation of skilled nursing facilities in both state and CMS appeals regarding survey citations.
- Successfully defended publicly traded company in trial against breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims and obtained award of attorneys’ fees in favor of the client.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a manufacturing company in a trial regarding warranty claims.