Brian practices in the area of corporate law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financing, and general corporate governance. He has experience representing private equity groups, venture capital groups, investors and investment firms, and public and private companies.
Clients benefit from his calm and level-headed approach to transactional and general corporate representation. Regardless of the situation, Brian strives to advise his clients in a practical manner to help them navigate negotiation dynamics and any organizational or operational issues that arise.
Brian has counseled clients ranging from budding start-ups to well-established industry leaders, and has represented companies in a number of sectors including biotech, industrial services, marketing, and software development.
Brian serves as Treasurer on the Board of Directors for the Association for Corporate Growth, Maryland and is also a member of the Young Professionals Committee. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Community Law Center.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Young Professional Committee, Association for Corporate Growth, Maryland Chapter
- Treasurer, Association for Corporate Growth, Maryland Chapter
- Board Member, Community Law Center
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the Maryland Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate, 2018 – Present
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings) in the fields of Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented the developer of a leading design reliability software in a sale of substantially all of its assets to a public company peer.
- Represented the owners of a digital marketing company in its sale to a private equity group.
- Represented a private equity group in its acquisition of multiple hardware stores.
- Represented the creators of a data and science collaboration platform in its restructuring and subsequent Series A financing.
- Represented a payments-focused technology and software roll-up in numerous acquisitions.
- Represented a technology and cyber security accelerator in its innovation and spinout initiatives.
- Represented a global transportation and logistics company its sale to a private equity group.