Ashley is a seasoned healthcare attorney with nearly a decade of experience advocating on behalf of healthcare providers. She brings a wealth of industry knowledge and personal insight into the regulatory and operational challenges facing healthcare clients.
Ashley advises clients on issues related to government health payment programs under Medicare and Medicaid. Her areas of substantive focus include physician reimbursement, quality and cost program reporting requirements, health information technology, and Alternative Payment Models. Ashley also has extensive experience working with regulatory agencies through the rule-making process.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Ashley was a Senior Attorney with the American Medical Association where she provided legislative and regulatory analysis on an array of issues impacting physicians. She previously served as a fellow at the US Small Business Administration and the US Department of Justice.
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advises physician groups on implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
- Drafts comment letters in response to regulatory rulemaking including on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and other payment rules
- Directed advocacy before government decision makers on quality and payment issues impacting physicians
- Coordinated and aligned advocacy initiatives among national healthcare associations
- Helped physician groups with the development and implementation of Alternative Payment Models