Amy is an Associate in our commercial team and advises on matters relating to data protection, privacy and technology across the firm's key sectors. Amy is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
In addition to advising on general data protection compliance, Amy advises on data sharing and outsourcing arrangements, multi-jurisdictional personal data projects, responding to data subject rights requests, data protection impact assessments and direct marketing strategies.
Amy also advises on data protection and technology due diligence in the context of corporate acquisitions and disposals, including associated contractual provisions.
Amy has undertaken in-house secondments with a national retailer and a leading insurer, supporting the internal legal teams on a variety of commercial, technology and data protection matters including outsourcing arrangements, software licence and maintenance agreements, data licensing agreements, data subject rights requests and data incidents.
Summary of experience
- a multinational US-based financial institution with conducting data protection impact assessments.
- provided key support to a national public organisation's data protection team on GDPR compliance queries they received from the business.
- a national utilities company on creating and implementing a direct marketing strategy across its customer channels.
- a large financial institution with their GDPR contract remediation project including the negotiation of such contracts with their suppliers.
- a national retailer on the outsourcing of its email marketing platform.