Alex is a junior commercial lawyer in our Energy Team and specialises in regulatory and commercial issues that affect energy projects and suppliers. Since joining the team in 2015 she has advised a wide range of public and private sector clients, including suppliers, generators and regulators.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Ofgem on the development of the Competitively Allocated Transmission Owner programme, which will create a tender process through which new electricity transmission networks can be procured at reduced costs to consumers
- A major European utility on the potential application of the OFTO regime to electricity networks for the export of power from an offshore wind farm, operating at 66kV
- A major European utility on issues arising in relation to the OFTO regime where an offshore wind project is to be constructed in phases
- Npower on a wide range of issues relating to the supply of electricity to industrial and commercial customers, including redrafting their flexible supply terms and the simplification of terms for providing of metering services
- Chrysaor, during the negotiation of a suite of long term gas trading agreements with Shell; the gas sales agreements underpinned the purchase by Chrysaor of Shell's UKCS assets
- Substantial industrial consumers, such as Sabic and ADM Mills on a range of issues including third party access to private distribution networks and purchasing power from adjacent renewables projects via private wire arrangements
- REG Windpower on a suite of asset management contracts relating to the ongoing operation of a portfolio of onshore windfarms
- OVO Energy, a small supplier on possible routes to challenge the award of a CfD to a low carbon project by the Low Carbon Contracts Company, including potential action by way of judicial review or through the ECJ
- RenewableUK, the trade association for wind and solar developers, on a range of issues, including the current changes to the embedded benefits regime
- the developer of an anaerobic digestion project on the supply of power and heat to an adjacent leisure complex.