Afzal Karim represents clients in M&A transactions as well as various general corporate matters.
His transactional experience includes representing individuals and companies in the sports and entertainment, logistics, telecom, construction, food, information technology and healthcare industries in complex business transactions. Afzal drafts and reviews various contracts including acquisition agreements, entertainment performance agreements, letters of intent, entity formation documents, governance documents and other documents required to complete these transactions.
In addition, Afzal guides and counsels companies and executives in handling various day-to-day corporate governance matters. He has extensive experience assisting both closely held and multinational companies drafting start-up documents, shareholder agreements, operating agreements and various other internal governance documents. Afzal has guided various venture capital and private equity firms in their initial and realized investments across various industries, including substantial investments in the sports and entertainment industries.
Publications and Presentations
- Contributor, North Carolina Limited Liability Company Forms and Practice Manual, Data Trace Publishing Company, Third Ed., Supplement No. 3.18, 2021
- The Looming Impact of EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, May 31, 2015
- A Red Card for Qatar?, Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, July 29, 2014
- Practicing Law in Indiana: When Family Law Intersects with Business, Estate Planning & Ethics, Indiana Lawyer CLE, December 5, 2017
Professional and Civic Activities
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, Member
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Governance & Compliance Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers & Acquisitions Law , 2023