Afzal Karim represents clients in M&A transactions as well as general corporate matters.
His transactional experience includes representing companies in the logistics, telecom, construction, information technology, healthcare and senior living industries in complex business transactions. Afzal drafts and reviews asset purchase agreements, letters of intent, entity formation documents, franchise agreements and other documents required to complete these transactions.
In addition, Afzal guides companies in day-to-day corporate governance matters. He has experience drafting start-up documents, shareholder agreements and operating agreements.
Presentations and Publications
- The Looming Impact of EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, May 31, 2015
- A Red Card for Qatar? Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, July 29, 2014
- Practicing Law in Indiana: When Family Law Intersects with Business, Estate Planning & Ethics, Indiana Lawyer CLE, December 5, 2017
Civic and Professional Activities
- Habitat for Humanity, 2015
- Give a Kid a Coat Campaign, 2014-2015
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, Member
- IndyBar Diversity Job Fair, Committee Member