On Nov. 3, WBD attorney Gerard Clodomir presented an employment law update to higher education HR professionals from across North Carolina. He addressed such topics as:
- Recent EEOC trends and enforcement priorities;
- Artificial intelligence considerations in employment law;
- The new Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA);
- The Department of Labor’s proposed overtime rule; and
- Potential impact of the Supreme Court’s Affirmative Action ruling on employment practices.
Clodomir’s presentation took place at the NC CUPA-HR Fall Conference in Wrightsville Beach, N.C.
Gerard Clodomir is an experienced litigator who primarily represents clients in matters concerning state and federal employment laws. He has successfully defended lawsuits in state and federal courts, as well as proceedings before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor. He also is a member of the firm’s Education and School Law Team.