This event took place on January 16, 2020.
Description: Following our VIP networking reception, Womble Bond Dickinson sponsored programming with insightful panels featuring industry leaders from local biotech, government and startups. Discussions centered around the available resources in the Winston-Salem area that support biotech entrepreneurs.
These panels covered:
Getting Grants for Biotech Startups
- Adrian Smith, Program Director, Flywheel Coworking (Moderator)
- Heather Hatcher, Regulatory Scientist, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- David Kaiser, Assistant Director, Office of Science, Technology & Innovation, North Carolina Department of Commerce
- Christopher Veal, Technology Commercialization Counselor, North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
Success Stories: What are VCs Looking For?
- Martika Harper, Regulatory Research Analyst, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP (Moderator)
- Tom Hearn, Partner, Dioko Ventures
- Adam Orsborn, CEO and Founder, OrbitalRX
For more information about the VIP Networking Reception or the Thursday Gathering programming, please contact Maggie Coughlin at 704.331.4904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.