This event took place on May 25, 2021. Click here to view the full presentation on demand.
Thank you to all who joined us for the first presentation from our Doing Well by Doing Good content series featuring social and sustainability guru Pamela Cone. During this one-hour presentation, Pam discussed key issues within the ESG movement including what companies can do today to shift from having a transactional to transformational social impact. Additional topics included:
- Introduction to ESG
- Shareholder Primacy vs. Stakeholder Capitalism
- Growing stakeholder expectations
- ESG vs CSR - what is the difference?
- From Transactional to Transformational Social Impact
- Why the increased focus on ESG policies, practices and programs?
- Regulatory drivers - EU / UK / US
- Frameworks / Standards for ESG
- Audits and Assessments of Supply Chains
- NetZero / Carbon Neutral / Carbon Negative – What’s the Difference and Where to Start?
About the Speaker
Pamela Cone, ISSP-SA
Founder and CEO – Amity Advisory
VP, Social Impact & Sustainability Officer – Milliman
Pamela Cone collaborates with legal leadership around the globe to evolve their "random acts of kindness" into strategic, transformative social impact, and sustainability programs that meet your stakeholder expectations.
With more than three decades of experience working in professional services firms in marketing, communications and business development roles, she brings industry knowledge and expertise to help clients evolve their social impact and sustainability programs from transactional to transformational – core to the business, consistent with purpose, and collaborative in nature.
In addition to her work with clients through her consulting firm, Amity Advisory, she also serves as the VP, Social Impact & Sustainability Officer at Milliman, a global actuarial consulting firm.