When science and the law intersect, Womble Bond Dickinson’s FirmLogic team is there to guide the way.
Our team of lawyers, nurses, researchers and analysts provide the medical and scientific acumen and research muscle to help corporate clients and their outside counsel succeed in the defense of individual claims, product liability lawsuits, and mass torts litigation. Lawyers have depended on our experienced team for cost-effective medical and scientific insights for more than 25 years. Our team members unravel complicated, knotty medical and scientific issues, allowing attorneys to focus on defending their clients.
On the regulatory side, our team crafts customized legal and scientific comments to inform regulatory agencies during the administrative rule-making process. We also research and advise on issues that arise for manufacturers subject to FDA oversight.
FirmLogic’s specific services include:
- Medical Analysis, examining patient medical histories and spotting issues that can help a defense team, including confounding factors, alternate causations, and missing information.
- Medical Materials Collection, tracking down, verifying and organizing patient records and other medical documents relevant to litigation.
- Scientific and Medical Research, customized by skilled researchers and medical professionals to meet the needs of litigation attorneys.
- Regulatory Compliance, experienced medical writers work with clients’ regulatory departments in preparing and electronically submitting product-related applications to federal agencies.
- Expert Witness Development. Team members research, credential and prepare potential medical and scientific expert witnesses. We also work with trial lawyers to develop expert witness testimony.
FirmLogic’s team of attorneys and professionals guide clients through all stages of litigation strategy, from developing defense themes to calculating costs of medical claims. Our secure, web-based management system gives defense teams 24/7 access to real-time status reports, physical evidence inventories and medical/scientific work products.
Our services and work products are customized to meet the needs of each client. We support litigation ranging from individual cases to multi-jurisdictional mass torts, and we understand that cost control and efficiency are important to clients.
To date, we have successfully supported litigation throughout the US and internationally for clients in a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and consumer products.