The aviation sector is of critical importance to the global economy. As governments provide more policy direction, the industry is growing rapidly. With this in mind, we understand that our clients are increasingly challenged with key issues around planning, environmental, security, safety, regulation and procurement.
We balance legal experience with being able to anticipate and understand the needs of your global, high profile and heavily regulated industry.
We understand that simply knowing the law isn’t enough. You need a strong legal team whose members respond to the trends, operational challenges, regulatory changes and legislation affecting your sector and related projects. Our lawyers understand how these things each impact your objectives and we provide the advice required to help you be successful. Working collaboratively across your team and with you, we work hard to ask the right questions so that you get the right answers. This means finding out what matters most to you and responding with the right people, in the right place; providing clear advice and action.
As regular advisers to airports, airlines and aviation businesses and their funders, we’ve developed a deep understanding of the sector and can provide focused, sector-specific advice.
What we do
- Dispute resolution
- Contract negotiations
- Infrastructure improvements
- Finance and leasing.
Examples of work
- We have completed equipment finance and leasing deals in the aggregate of more than$5 billion, with individual transactions ranging from $750,000 to $350 million. Many of these transactions helped to finance transportation assets such as aircraft (corporate and commercial) and rail equipment, as well as locomotives and vessels (barges and tankers)
- We supported Bristol Airport on planning applications and infrastructure agreements, strategic advice on expansion plans including advice on surface access issues, the night noise quota system, ecological issues, air quality, compulsory acquisition, property and CAA regulation
- We serve as general counsel to an international airport and have provided representation for almost 10 years. Our engagements include a wide range of issues affecting the general aviation business. These issues require us to deal with regulations, directives and documents issued and promulgated by the Federal Aviation Administration and the Department of Transportation
- We represent regional airports as bond counsel, providing legal services in connection with financings. These representations have resulted in more than $1 billion in refinancing.