Our Communications, Technology and Media Attorney Services
Our team possesses a depth of experience litigating telecommunications disputes in both federal and state courts and before regulatory agencies. This includes cases brought by competitive entrants against incumbents for unjust and unreasonable practices that adversely affect competition. Our team of litigators is proficient in translating complex technologies and regulations to juries, judges, and arbitrators alike, and is experienced in all areas of media and telecommunications, including:
- Spectrum matters
- Program distribution
- Tower and facilities deployment
- All facets of the internet and internet-of-things technologies.
Our Communications, Technology and Media Clients
Our clients run the gamut from well-established international telecommunications providers, media companies, rural broadband providers, and equipment manufacturers, to emerging entrepreneurs and spectrum innovators. Our clients include:
- Mid-size cable, broadband and Internet service providers
- Rural wireless carriers, and a major rural wireless trade association
- Television and radio broadcasters
- Independent video programmers
- Incumbent and competitive local exchange carriers, telecom resellers, and VoIP providers
- Managed network and business data services providers
- International subsea cable operators
- Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), Mobile Virtual Network Enablers (MVNEs), Mobile Virtual Network Aggregators (MVNAs) and mobile satellite broadband operators
- Data centers
- Technology and hosted platform providers
- Communication device and consumer electronics manufacturers
- Large enterprise customers, electric utilities, real estate developers, and other large-scale users of communications-related services and spectrum
- Venture capital and private equity firms, hedge funds, lenders and other investors in the sector
- National and International SMS, MMS, and RCS Platform Providers
- GPS Device Manufacturers
- International VoIP Providers.
As former chief legal officers of sector companies, and former lawyers for the FCC, the U.S. Department of Justice, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and the White House, our lawyers are at the forefront of the convergence of technology and communications.
Communications, Technology and Media Law Services
With a deep understanding of the explosive growth within this sector, our media and communications lawyers offer a full range of services to clients across the communications, media and technology landscape including:
- Representing clients in all matters of dispute resolution and litigation
- Providing comprehensive and strategic counsel in regulatory compliance
- Advising in all areas of media including, content acquisition, broadcasting agreements, licensing deals, sponsorships etc.
- Serving as litigation counsel to U.S. telecommunications investors in an arbitration brought against a foreign government pursuant to a free trade agreement
- Publishing online industry newsletters for rural and independent telecommunications providers
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions including, complex transactions, network sharing and strategic joint ventures
- Offering guidance for media and communications companies on data protection and cyber security
- Contributing to the TCPA Defense Force, which monitors the latest developments related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Whether you’re looking for legal guidance on navigating the changes within the media and communications sector, or searching for the support of an attorney in a litigation matter, our team of media lawyers is here for you. To find out more about how our lawyers at Womble Bond Dickinson can help you, simply browse through our media and communications attorneys and get in touch with us today.