Whitney began her legal career as a summer associate with Womble and is now a commercial real estate attorney in the Tysons Corner, Virginia office, representing developers, purchasers, sellers, tenants and borrowers in commercial real estate transactions and disputes. She is particularly experienced in leasing transactions, especially in the fast-casual restaurant sector, where she currently supports clients who are notable nationwide and international fast-casual restaurant chains.
Whitney has a passion for urban planning and civic urbanism, which she demonstrates as a member of the Land Use Council and Sustainability Council of the Tysons Partnership, an organization dedicated to the growth and success of Tysons. She is also an active member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Women in Commercial Real Estate (CREW). An Orlando, Florida native, Whitney graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was Editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law and, as an animal lover, Treasurer of the Virginia Animal Law Society.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Commercial leasing – drafting and negotiation of retail and office leases for various clients, including a nationwide fast-casual restaurant chain.
- Covenants and CCRs (conditions and restrictions) for shopping centers and mixed-use and town center developments.
- Real estate dispositions and acquisitions and related real estate transactions.
- Real estate-related litigation support.
- General zoning and planning issues.