Vivien is a consultant specialising in upstream oil and gas issues. Having qualified 30+ years ago she has been involved in the oil and gas industry working both within the UK and internationally. Her wide-ranging experience covers both the upstream and downstream sectors of the industry having spent over 12 years in-house with PetroFina. During her time in Brussels she not only worked on a number of upstream development projects in Central America, Asia & Europe but also on PetroFina's NYSE listing and the successful defence of a DG Comp investigation.
Vivien is responsible for training and knowledge management across the oil and gas team and is also a member of the firm's Risk & Security Forum. She is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
Vivien has an MBA from the University of Leuven and has taught as a visiting lecturer on the Legal Practice Course at the University of the West of England.
Recent experience includes:
- Providing due diligence advice on upstream assets in Indonesia
- Licence assignments and JOA variations in the Falkland Islands
- Analysis of Safety Case Regulations regarding FPSO
- Preparing a draft training programme for BG
- Preparing the firm's Oil & Gas Legal Developments Timeline 2014–2016.