Trudy specialises in Dispute Resolution. She specialises in advising clients on commercial litigation and debt recovery matters, particularly defended litigation claims and business to business and consumer contractual disputes. She has experience of undertaking ADR and small claims mediation to facilitate communication and negotiation of settlements with the other parties. Trudy also manages small claims for claimants; securing judgment orders and the subsequent enforcement of these and also has experience in insolvency and bankruptcy.
Trudy has experience in advising clients on merits of a case from both a legal and commercial perspective, preparing statements of case and trial bundles and preparing cost budgets. She also has experience dealing with interim applications.
Her current role includes providing technical supervision to a large team of paralegals working on both claimant and defendant work.
- Advising a retail client in respect of a supplier agreement and successfully undertaking settlement negotiations to resolve a dispute over disposal of faulty goods
- Advising a financial services client on their Agency bad debt portfolio – merits of cases and likelihood of recovery
- Successfully defending a long running claim against a retail client in respect of adverse credit entry recording, culminating in dealing with a judicial review application lodged by the claimant
- Advising a retail client in respect of a pre-action dispute brought by a customer in respect of alleged breach of contract and harassment by a sub-contractor and negotiating successful settlement
- Defending a claim brought against a retail client by a customer involving allegations of discrimination under the Equality Act 2010.