As a member of the firm’s business litigation practice group, Thomas focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes. He frequently works on matters involving financial services, consumer finance, and mass torts.
In the arena of financial services litigation, Thomas has represented clients in all stages of dispute resolution, from pleadings, discovery and motions practice through negotiations and settlement. Thomas also assists lenders with various regulatory matters to ensure their compliance with both state and federal regulations.
During law school, Thomas served on the editorial board of the Duke Law Journal, the school’s law review. As a member of the moot court board, he represented Duke both domestically and abroad. Thomas is licensed to practice in all North and South Carolina state courts, the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Co-author, Class Action Arbitration After Del Webb, South Carolina Lawyer, September 2016.
- Co-author, Nonjudicial Appeals of Arbitral Awards, The Federal Lawyer, October 2016.
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, 2016 – present
- Charlotte International Arbitration Society, 2015 – present
- Atlanta Arbitration Society, 2015 – present
- American Bar Association, 2015 – present
- South Carolina Bar Association, 2015 – present
- North Carolina Bar Association, 2017 – present
- Greenville County Bar Association, 2015 – present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully represented a North Carolina manufacturer in a large, multimillion- dollar commercial construction arbitration.
- Secured post-trial dismissal of a seven-figure judgment against an insurer in a bad faith action in federal district court.
- Represented a popular clothing retailer in a federal action involving claims of copyright infringement, fraud and breach of contract, among others.
- Secured dismissal of claims against an aviation parts manufacturer in a product liability action involving an international airplane accident.