Terry is an experienced litigation lawyer who focuses his practice on mass torts and product liability litigation.
Specifically, his practice includes guiding corporate clients in professional liability, premises liability and asbestos litigation. In addition, he has experience in real estate litigation, including representing homeowners associations and commercial landlords in disputes with residents and tenants.
Terry has been recognized as a Charlotte 30 Under 30 Award winner and the 2017 UNC Charlotte Outstanding Young Alumnus. He also serves on the City of Charlotte Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Presentations & Publications
- Contract Law 101 for Contractors, Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas, Charlotte, NC, March 2016
- Contract Negotiation and Common Litigation Pitfalls, Fifth Third Bank and Latin American Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Accelerator Program, 2016
- Trolling The Deep: Emerging International Concerns on the Deep Web, Campbell Law Observer, February 4, 2015
Civic and Professional Activities
- City of Charlotte Zoning Board of Adjustment, 2017- present
- UNC Charlotte Black Alumni Board of Directors, 2016 – present
- Urban League of the Central Carolinas Young Professionals Civic and Cultural Chair, 2016 - present
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Bechtler Young Visionaries Steering Committee, 2016 – present
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Volunteer Attorney, 2015 - present
- Vision Beyond the Eyes, Inc., Board of Directors, 2016 - 2017
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Co-Chair, John S. Leary Mecklenburg County Association of Black Lawyers
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the 2018 North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte, Young Alumni of the Year
- 30 Under 30, Charlotte Agenda
- 30 Under 30, Charlotte Black Chamber of Commerce
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented national real estate investment company in litigation to remove squatters from multiple properties.