Tamzin is one of the firm’s dedicated planning and compulsory purchase specialists. Her experience includes acting on schemes for mixed-use town centre regeneration, housing schemes, infrastructure projects (including cycle paths and highway schemes) and energy projects (including on/offshore renewable projects and gas storage) promoting the use of CPO powers including complex orders requiring the acquisition of rights and freehold land.
Tamzin's work includes:
- The statutory process including land assembly matters and the preparation and attendance at public inquiry
- Possession procedures including the preparation of general vesting declarations and notices to treat, instructing High Court Officers
- Registration of vested interests at the Land Registry
- Advance payments and full and final compensation settlements
- References to the Lands Chamber where necessary
- Defending a confirmed compulsory purchase order against a statutory challenge to the Court of Appeal for a local authority.
In addition, Tamzin has experience advising on s106 agreements, unilateral undertakings and highway agreements for public bodies and private clients.
More recently Tamzin has been using her expertise to assist the firm's Development Consent Order teams with compulsory purchase issues relating to section 42 consultation and preparing books of reference and related requisitions and statutory notices.
- West Berkshire District Council in respect of the redevelopment of Parkway, Newbury in conjunction with the appointed developer and a cycle track scheme in Aldermaston
- On the compulsory acquisition process for land to be included in a large housing regeneration scheme and on a highways compulsory purchase order and side roads order for Reading Borough Council
- On the compulsory purchase order for a housing regeneration scheme and successfully defending a statutory challenge to a confirmed CPO to the Court of Appeal for Bristol City Council
- On the compulsory acquisition process for a cable route relating to an offshore wind farm assisting with the compulsory acquisition process for an underground gas storage facility for Centrica/Caythorpe Gas Storage Limited
- Acting for the Claimants in the first Lands Chamber reference relating to compensation pursuant to Crossrail and a number of subsequent claimants in respect of their claims for compensation against Crossrail including payments of compensation and references to the Lands Chamber.
“It was like herding cats but Tamzin was cool, focused and very efficient."