Will is a skilled lending attorney who has experience with all types of cross-border and domestic financing transactions. His clients include financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private equity groups. On both the borrower and lender side, he represents key players in Food & Agriculture, Entertainment, Manufacturing, Technology and other global industries.
Will regularly represents clients in leveraged acquisition financings and other secured financings (both cash flow and asset-based), unsecured credit facilities, unitranche facilities, first lien/second lien facilities, bridge and mezzanine facilities, as well as workouts and restructurings.
As part of his practice, he also advises clients on various regulatory and compliance issues including OFAC, KYC and FCPA regulations. Will’s legal background includes working in corporate law for several years, advising on mergers and acquisitions, securities issues and employee stock ownership plans (“ESOP”).
Honors and Awards
Chambers USA Ranked Lawyer, Banking and Finance, North Carolina, 2011 - 2015
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with senior secured revolving, term A and term B construction loan facilities to major cheese producer
- Represented administrative agent in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance in part the acquisition by a private equity group of the Australian and New Zealand operations of two major office supply companies
- Represented “first out” lenders in connection with senior secured unitranche credit facility to mortgage finance company
- Represented administrative agent in connection with senior secured revolving and reducing revolving credit facilities to major beef producer
- Represented administrative agent in connection with syndicated credit facility and bankruptcy exit of major poultry producer, which was 2009’s largest US asset-based lending transaction, as well as subsequent refinancing thereof
- Represented bank in connection with settlement of Chinese credit facility by US parent company and related regulatory requirements
- Represented administrative agent in connection with $1.3 billion senior unsecured revolving, term A-1 and term A-2 credit facilities to milling joint venture formed by three major agricultural companies
- Represented administrative agent in connection with $1.0 billion senior unsecured U.S. and global revolving credit facilities to leading food and personal care products company
- Represented administrative agent in connection with senior secured credit facility to online employment company
- Served as lead US counsel to public, multinational entertainment company with respect to its syndicated US credit facility and amendments thereto entered into in connection with various cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Represented administrative agent in connection with senior secured, asset-based credit facility to petroleum distribution company