Scott Richmond focuses his practice on defending clients in asbestos personal injury cases, products liability matters, and other complex litigation. Over the past 20 years, Scott has defended dozens of clients in asbestos cases and tried several asbestos cases in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. He has also been involved in developing litigation strategies for clients involved in thousands of asbestos cases pending in Baltimore City. Scott has substantial experience examining a wide variety of expert witnesses at deposition and trial. Beyond asbestos cases, Scott has defended companies in other types of products liability cases involving benzene products, lead paint, mold, blasting explosives, fireplace inserts, and automatic doors.
Scott also has experience defending companies in cases involving construction defects, premises liability, insurance coverage, commercial paper, property damage, and contract disputes.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended a supplier and installer of insulation materials at trial in four different asbestos cases in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City between 2011 and 2017.
- Obtained summary judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and helped defend a successful appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in a series of asbestos cases involving asbestos exposures occurring in local Baltimore shipyards.
- Defended a client in arbitration accused of violating non-compete provisions of his employment contract and litigated a counterclaim for failure to properly compensate for commissions earned during employment.
- Defended a construction company at trial in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County in a case involving damages to an adjacent property during construction of an underground parking garage.
- Litigated an insurance coverage dispute at trial in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County for damages to a company's products after failure of a roofing system at a warehouse.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Defense Counsel
- Served as Board Member and Board President, Friends of Patterson Park
- Served as Chair of the Maintenance & Governance Committee, Patterson Park Master
- Plan Committee